August 12 - 13, 2017
10 AM–6 PM Saturday – 10 AM–5 PM Sunday
For over 50 years, the Coupeville Arts & Crafts Festival, a juried show, has been known for quality, handmade crafts from artisans in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. Artists travel from many states and Canada to show and sell their art. They are evaluated on the originality, quality and marketability of their work. The Coupeville Festival Association (CFA) will not accept items that are commercially made.
All non-operational proceeds from this annual festival are returned to the Coupeville community in the form of project grants and scholarships. The CFA is a non-profit, ALL volunteer organization. Our mission is to promote quality handcrafts and the arts, ensure cultural enrichment, beautify and preserve the unique historical qualities of the Coupeville community.
All applications are processed online and accepted January 15th through March 15th. Please add this email address to your contact list or address book: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Artists may submit their online application using Zapplication between January 15th and March 15th. A $20.00 non-refundable application fee is required. Accepted artists are notified April 1st. Booth fees are due by April 30th. It is important that the e-mail address on your application is the one to be used for several CFA communications between April 1st through festival weekend.
Accepted artists who cancel prior to July 1 will incur a 5% administrative fee. All cancellations must be in writing by e-mail to email@example.com. No refunds after July 1.
No Shows who do not notify the CFA by phone or email prior to the festival’s opening day will not be considered for future festival events. In case of emergency, call the festival office at 360-678-5116. Please leave a detailed voicemail message with your name, business name and contact number.
Certificate of Liability Insurance (COI) deadline is July 1. Ask your insurance carrier to email your COI to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Certificate of Liability Insurance must cover $100,000 minimum, naming the Coupeville Festival Association as Certificate Holder for the dates of August 12 and 13, 2017. Artists checking in on Friday night, August 11, must include that day on their certificate of insurance.
Questions about the insurance requirements should be addressed to your insurance provider. Weekend liability insurance can be purchased for a reasonable rate through ACT Insurance at www.actinsurance.com or 1-888-568-0548.
ALL communication about your application will be sent to the e-mail address you provide on your application.
- Accepted artists/vendors must have their booth open for business during the festival hours of 10 AM – 6 PM Saturday and 10 AM – 5 PM Sunday.
- NO booths may be taken down prior to 5 PM on Sunday. If a real emergency arises, call the CFA Office at 360-678-5116 or ask a CFA volunteer to find the Artisan Booth Representative on site. A mutually beneficial arrangement will be negotiated. After hours Security Personnel will contact a CFA representative if needed.
- Booth numbers are supplied with the check-in packet and must be prominently displayed.
- Artists will provide their own booth construction (i.e. tent, display tables and other equipment). Artists will also be prepared for the possibility of rapidly changing weather conditions such as wind, rain or bright sun.
- Friday check-in: Prior to festival weekend, you will receive an assigned check-in time (by e-mail). Check-in times are in half hour increments beginning at 5:00 pm; 10-15 vendors are assigned to each 30-minute period. Note: Booths located on Front Street are not available for Friday night check-in.
- Saturday check-in: Saturday check-in hours are 5:30 AM to 8:30 AM. All vehicles must be off the booth area streets by 9:00 AM.
- Parking permits are issued at Check-in. Display Parking Permits on the dashboard of your vehicle. Utility trailers MUST have their wheels blocked!
24-hour security is provided during festival weekend. However, please remember that your booth and your belongings remain your responsibility.
The Coupeville Festival Association is not responsible for:
- Claims for any damage to or loss of artwork and/or crafts incurred while exhibiting at the Coupeville Festival
- Claims for product liability
- Claims for personal injury
- The Town of Coupeville and local fire/emergency services require that all sidewalks in downtown Coupeville remain clear of merchandise or personal belongings.
- Electrical connections for artist booths are NOT available.
- Keeping pets in booth/exhibit area is a public safety issue. Please make arrangements to provide comfortable accommodations for your pets away from the festival streets.
- Sale of food or drinks is limited to CFA registered food booths only.
- Volunteer booth sitters are available for 20 minute breaks. Call the CFA Office at 360-678-5116 to reserve a time; or sign up at the booth sitter station outside the CFA Office at 901 Grace Street.
- With respect for Coupeville downtown businesses, vendors and customers alike are asked to be cognizant of the Washington State smoking law “RCW 70.160.075 – Smoking prohibited within twenty-five feet of public places or places of employment”. Complete content of this Washington State law is located at http://apps.leg.wa.go/RCW/default.aspx?cite=70.160.075.
Tally sheets are provided with your check-in packet. The CFA commission is 15% of gross sales payable by check or cash only at check-out on Sunday, PRIOR to packing your merchandise and booth.
Check-out begins at 5:05 PM Sunday inside the Coupeville Recreation Hall (Art Gallery) at the corner of Alexander and Coveland Streets. Bring completed Tally Sheet with check or cash (US funds) in the amount of 15% of gross sales. You will receive a Check-out CARD that must be shown to Festival Street Monitors to exit the festival area. BREAK DOWN your booth and PACK Booth Contents prior to bringing your vehicle from the parking lot. All booths and contents must be off Coupeville City Streets by 8:00 PM Sunday.