Merchant Space and Access Policy
The Coupeville Festival Board of Directors appreciates the impact that the annual Coupeville Arts and Crafts Festival has on town merchants within the artisan booth area.
In recent years the following guidelines were used.
- Access to buildings and/or amenities (walkways, stairs, wharf, etc.) were allocated an open space equivalent to the 10 Ft. width of a paid artisan booth space. The intent being that the open space would promote visibility and access to the merchant or amenity.
- On the published CFA map, merchant or amenity spaces are marked with a small box around the space number. Spaces numbers marked with a small box were not useable as a paid vendor space.
- If a town merchant wanted to sell items from their business in the open booth space, there was a provision for them to pay $100 + proof of $100,000 General Liability Insurance for that specified use. Merchants did not pay the full artisan booth fee or the 15% commission required of juried artisans.
The CFA Board of Directors adopted this REVISED policy on May 2, 2016. This revised and approved policy affects merchant and amenity spaces within the annual Coupeville Festival area.
- All multi-business buildings with at least one open business will have ONE 10 ft. x 10 ft. access space. All single-business buildings with an open business during festival hours will have ONE 10 ft. x 10 ft. access space
- NOTHING is allowed in the access space.
- The CFA permit approved and issued by the Town of Coupeville states clearly that NOTHING may be placed on or sold from the adjoining sidewalk.
- Booth applications for Front Street and other festival area merchants must be done online between January 15 and March 15 each year.
- Merchants may apply for one single 10 ft. x 10 ft. booth space.
- Online application and booth fees apply.
- 15% commission is waived.
- There is no jury criteria for festival area merchant applications.
- The CFA Artisan Booth Committee will try to locate the paid merchant’s booth space close to their business. The paid merchant booth space will Not be located in the designated building access space.