Coupeville Arts and Crafts Festival Poster Art Submission
The following are Guidelines for the Coupeville Festival Association’s Coupeville Arts and Crafts Festival Poster Art Submission.
ELIGIBILITY: The Poster Art Submission is open to Washington State residents only. Selected poster artists from the three previous years are not eligible. Board members, Poster Art Selection Committee Members, agents, and independent contractors and their immediate family members (dependents under IRS rules), of the Coupeville Festival Association are not eligible.
COMPENSATION: One submission will be selected from all eligible entrants. The selected artist will receive:
- A $500 honorarium
- Name recognition on posters and rack cards distributed throughout Western Washington
- A feature on the Coupeville Arts and Crafts Festival website along with a link to the artist’s homepage
- An invitation to the annual Coupeville Festival Association’s poster artwork recognition held at the Coupeville Festival Association’s General Meeting
- A photo and feature in the Coupeville Arts and Crafts Festival’s media kit
- A press release showcasing the artist and the art
- Name recognition on any selected Coupeville Arts and Crafts Festival merchandise, apparel, and printed material featuring the selected artwork
The selected artist will be notified via phone and or e-mail. Compensation must be accepted as awarded; no substitutions. If the selected artist does not respond to an email notice and or phone calls of selection in a timely manner, an alternate artist may be selected at the sole discretion of the CFA Board of Directors.
ENTRY: The Coupeville Festival Association will accept online submissions solely via http://coupevillefestival.com/poster-art-application/ beginning March 1 of the current year (for the following year), the first day of the applicable Submission period. Only one submission form per person. Each submission must consist of:
- Entry Form: Entry Form: A completed online entry form via the website to include your full legal name, mailing address, age, birth date, phone number, email address, authorization from parents or legal guardian if you are under 18 years of age, and acknowledgement that you have read and agree to abide by the Poster Art Submission Guidelines by checking the box at the end of the Application form.
- 3 Recent Works: Three digital files of recent works (JPG Format, 72 dpi, 500kb maximum file size), created by the entrant within the last two years and labeled as “work samples_your name”.
- Concept Image: A “concept image” is a digital file (JPG Format, 72 dpi, 500kb maximum file size) of the draft poster art submission labeled as “concept_image_your name”. It is not necessary to include graphics (words), only an image.
Only submissions which are the original work of the entrant are eligible and the entrant must have exclusive rights to all intellectual property associated with the submission.
CONCEPT IMAGE: The concept image must support at least one of the following principles:
- Promotion of arts and crafts and/or the festival
- Historic preservation or enhancement of Coupeville
- Enhancement of the 98239 community which includes the water and mountain views
ENTRY DEADLINE: All entries must be received by Noon on September 15 (for the following year’s festival), the last day of the Submission period. All lost, late, misdirected, garbled, or incompletely received entries will be disqualified. The Coupeville Festival Association reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person for:
- tampering with the entry process
- violating the guidelines or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner
- acting with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the process
- acting to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person
The Coupeville Festival Association reserves the right to retain submissions for consideration in following years.
SELECTION: Poster Art will be selected at the first board meeting in October. It will be selected based on the following:
- Artistic execution and marketing adaptation (60%)
- Conformance to the theme or guiding principles (40%)
The Selection Committee will consist of the Coupeville Festival Association Board of Directors, the Coupeville Arts and Crafts Festival Production Committee Chair and, when needed, two appointees designated by the Coupeville Arts and Crafts Festival Production Committee Chair. If the Selection Committee determines that there are no suitable submissions, it may, at its sole discretion, select another artist to produce poster art.
POSTER ART: “Poster Art” is the completed version of the winning concept image submitted by the Selected artist to be used by the Coupeville Festival Association. The concept image must be adaptable, in whole or in part, for the use in other media, including but without limitation, advertisements, t-shirts, magnets, brochures and rack cards. By December 1 the
Selected artist must submit the completed poster art and a high resolution digital scan of the poster art. By January 15, the Selected artist must submit a line drawing of the poster art. Failure to abide by these deadlines may result in the Coupeville Festival Association selecting another artist. The Poster Art becomes the property of the Coupeville Festival Association.
The selected artist will be introduced at the first general membership meeting in January when the framed original poster art work is also unveiled. A mockup of the festival poster with original poster art will be presented.
Entrants agree to release the Coupeville Festival Association from any and all liability resulting from submitting poster art. The Selected artist, by acceptance of the compensation, agrees to release the Coupeville Festival Association and all its officers, directors, volunteers, and agents from all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the compensation. Except where prohibited (i) acceptance of the compensation constitutes consent to use the Selected artist’s name, likeness, and art submission for editorial, advertising, and publicity purposes, without further compensation; (ii) the Selected artist will be required to sign a copyright license/liability/publicity/permission release upon honorarium receipt. Coupeville Festival Association reserves the right to select an alternate artist if the selected artist fails to consent to such a release.
GENERAL: The selected artist is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, liabilities and forms associated with the honorarium. The Coupeville Festival Association reserves the right to require any forms for eligibility, release of liability, compensation acceptance and/or tax purposes within 7 days of notification. Noncompliance within 7 days may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate artist.
The Poster Art submitors agree to abide by the terms of these Official Guidelines and by the decisions of the Coupeville Arts and Crafts Festival Poster Art Selection Committee, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Poster Art Submission.